There are far to many of these:
4. Steven Gerrard. Nothing wrong with this one. Should fit the other players around him.
7. David Beckham. Never a wide-right player, and should not be in the team let alone captain. A case of Sven picking the best players rather than the best team
8. Frank Lampard. A poor world cup. 24 shots (more than anyone else), none hit the back of the net. Cannot play alongside Gerrard (except with a holding midfield player if these two bomb forward, which they didn't).
10. Joe Cole. Excellent World Cup but not a wide-left player. Should have tried him in the Rooney role. Perhaps try in centre in future.
16. Owen Hargreaves. Jury out. Had a good tournament, but even Nicky Butt looked good in the holding midfield role four years ago. Useful in squad due to versatility - and at least he can score a penalty.
17. Jermaine Jenas. Why was he in the squad? He was never going to play, and we should have had a fifth striker instead.
18. Michael Carrick. My choice for the holding midfield role - he can certainly pass the ball.
19. Aaron Lennon. One for the future. Should have taken Beckham's place on merit.
20. Stewart Downing. Should have picked Kieran Richardson in my opinion