Wednesday, October 06, 2010

Dedward

Today saw the Conservative party conference come to an end, the first party conference to be held in the city by a party in power.  There were some interesting announcements as might be expected for a newish government, including the proposal to end universal child benefit and speculation that a married couples allowance would be reintroduced to help offset some of the unfairness of the change.

Meanwhile last week saw the biennial Labour party conference in Manchester which included the announcement of Ed Miliband as leader, beating his older brother David by 0.1%.  David did not seem to take the defeat graciously, particular as he challenge Harriet Harman for applauding Ed when he claimed the Iraq war was wrong.  This was proof that Ed was the correct choice for the party: David, throughout the campaign, often failed to answer serious questions and kept a very safe, Blairite line on policy and announcements.  Winning the party nomination requires a person to enthuse the grassroots, but all David seemed concerned with was continuing failed New Labour ideology. While Ed may well move back to the centre now he has won the nomination, he demonstrated he understood where the party was now and where the problems lie.  We may have an interesting few years ahead.

3 comments:

Unknown said...

Hi there, awesome site. I thought the topics you posted on were very interesting. I tried to add your RSS to my feed reader and it a few. take a look at it, hopefully I can add you and follow.









Property for Rent in Birmingham

Hannibal Melquart said...

I saw comments from people who already got their loan from Mr Benjamin Lee a loan officer who offer me loan at the rate of 2% ROI , and I decided to apply under their recommendations and just 5 days I confirmed in my own personal bank account a total amount of $90,000 which I requested for.This is really a great news and I am advising everyone who needs real loan lender to apply through their email : 247officedept@gmail.com or WhatsApp : +1-989-394-3740. I am happy now that I have gotten the loan I requested .

Ally Bergnaum said...

We'll provide you with a genuine, click-ready AdSense account, Pin Verified Google Adsense Accounts, Micro Niche WebSites, Money Back Guarantee. Start Generating Money Instant With our Pin verified Adsense Accounts.

Buy Adsense Account on Infiax.com

Check Our Website for More Infomations.